As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
The job opening is for a Parts Engineer who will be responsible for the inventory or spare and replacement parts management for Aeroderivative Gas turbines globally. The candidate is an engineer with or without inter-disciplinary understanding of Mechanical/Electrical/ Instrumentation & Controls. The position is based in Gurgaon and involves collaboration with Siemens Energy in the USA and the UK. Prior to the start of work, all the relevant tools and process training will be provided. This position would require flexibility and great attitude towards learning.Responsibilities :
· Research Problem Reports (Typical small-scale tasks/projects requiring Parts engineering work and support)
· Contact OEMs & Suppliers
· Work with internal Siemens Energy groups (i.e. Supply Chain, Parts Application Engineers, and Parts Definition Engineers) to gather information or complete Problem Reports
· Prepare Datasheets/ Specification forms, Comparison sheets, Redlines drawings, Obsolescence notes, and research available project archives for a detailed description of parts and systems.
· Extra Work - Creation of SPIRs (Spare parts interchangeability reports) for various systems in a Aeroderivative Gas turbine project. This is extra workload and is not a typical work; however, we only do this at customer request.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Engineering degree with basic understanding of Control Systems, Instrumentation, Mechanical, and Electrical.
· Ability to interpret Siemens Energy P&IDs, Schematics, Basic parts specifications, and certifications etc.
· 2D drafting via NX and Siemens Energy Teamcenter (PLM 2020)
· Good command of English – majority of work will involve liaising with various OEMs internationally to verify product specifications
· Creating reports and graphical representation of data
· Good excel expertise & high level of communication would be required.
· Drafting Capabilities are desirable
· Previous experience on Engineering and/ or Commissioning of Gas turbines would be an added advantage
· Experience with controls and instruments would be advantageous.
· Experience in Oil and Gas or Power sector projects is desirable
· Siemens AGT Engineering Portal (Legacy)
· PLM 2020/NX and Teamcenter & SAP ATLAS
· Advanced MS Excel
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time