Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one best places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility – Rail Infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Quantity Surveyor within our Rail Infrastructure business based in either Chippenham or Newport. This is a unique opportunity to join a first in class digital programme for the railway sector - digitalizing and modernising the railway.
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service to this new and developing team
This is your role
- Provide Siemens with post contract commercial support for designated packages of work, including subcontract, materials, and direct labour
- Ensure projects are successfully delivered within cost and time constraints
- Assist with commercial management of various work packages as directed. These may include Design, Installation, Test & Commission, Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way
- Be responsible for work package change control and management
- Provide key commercial interface for responsible work package manager
- Provide contractual and commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering
- Be responsible for work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks
- Provide input to internal and external commercial reports as required by Commercial Delivery Strategy
- Ensure processes and document control align with the appropriate company standards
- Work with and collaborate with key partners, e.g.: finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers, and client
- Be responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
- Act as a primary interface to work package managers, key partners and suppliers
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Substantial Quantity Surveyor / Contracts Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment. Experience ideally gained in a similar or related industry e.g. rail, engineering, defence, construction, IT etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar)
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
- Able to manage both direct labour and subcontract costs
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete
- Good negotiation skills with ability to manage expectations
- Ability to manage commercial strategies
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to work under own initiative with limited supervision and under cost or time critical conditions
- Good contractual knowledge and experience
- Confident and able to deal externally and internally at all levels
- Ability to operate effectively within a team environment
- Strong computing skills in MS word, excel, project and MS Outlook
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time