Job Description: Java Full stack developer Lead
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
As part of our Development Team, you have the technical responsibility for design, development and optimization of software core components for the stack of web-based project management solutions in the business area of Siemens Mobility, specifically for commercial project management for Siemens Mobility.
In your new role, you will design, develop and optimize core components of above product/s at Siemens Mobility.
- Develops software components by studying requirements thoroughly and consulting with Solution/Integration Architects for technical considerations and develops solid understanding of features and user journeys with Business analysts before developing them
- A key mentor/practitioner while guiding team to size the requirements to work in agile development
- Studying systems flow, data usage and migration aspects, work processes, intricate data and calculations which are defined in the business logic of the application/s
- Participates in Business analysis/Architectural discussions based on need of the role and growth perspectives as well as bear the subject matter expertise for some / more modules in the application
- Holistically developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear and secure code following coding guidelines, developing and driving the guidelines her/himself ( code reviews, coverage, technical debt etc.)
- Formulates and manages Products and services’ development and deployments by understanding configurations and continuous integration, deployment & delivery mechanisms
- Strives to generate useful value information such as Development and Deployment issues for Products and Services’ and acts on them with quality considerations
- Participates in Product & Service operations and bears right mindset to do Problem analysis, resolution, and customer communications
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, contribute/suggest changes in policies and procedures.
- Upgrades knowledge and skills to be able to implement state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional opportunities in and out of organization as suitable, helps junior team members get groomed and mentored on technical and process boundaries
- Strongly supports organization mission and vision by being a proactive and integral employee, who can see beyond possibilities
- Embodies right individual as well as team spirit by being an excellent collaborator
What do I bring with me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience in conjunction with corresponding additional qualifications
- 7 or more years of experience as Software Developer or Engineer, working experience in service industry is a gain
- Very good Analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of working in Agile development methodologies like SCRUM, KANBAN and good hang of waterfall methodology as needed for contextual switching (Experience of being Scrummaster , min experience of one year is good to start)
- Extensive full-stack knowledge on:
- Java EE/Java SE
- Spring MVC, Data, Security, WS
- Hibernate ORM
- Oracle Database Modeling, PL-SQL
- TypeScript based frameworks: Angular, React-Redux
- CSS, HTML 5
- Broad understanding of deployments based on
- Apache Webserver
- JBoss Application Server
- NodeJS Runtime
- Good knowledge and some experience in Rest API development & Testing
- Ability to develop Unit Tests and understanding of TDD
- Extensive knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Extensive knowledge and experience of implementing Software Design Patterns
- Proficiency with information technologies in a secure network environment
- Collaborative & Empathetic mindset towards all employees in the working environment
- Adaptable and having growth mindset which encourages one wear more than one hat
- Courageous communication & open mindset
- Minimum B2 Level in English (speaking, reading and writing)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time