Job Description: UI/UX Developer
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
As part of our Development Team you have the technical responsibility for design, development and optimization of software core components from User Interface and experience perspective for a web-based product in the business area of Siemens Mobility. The work is mainly in the area of Commercial Project Management aspects but not limited only to this. The purpose of your role is to drive UI/UX for what it takes to make adoption of such a product successful and wanted in the Business user community
Conduct ongoing research at each stage in Product design and build ways and opportunities to think about intuitive, state of the art yet lean design elements for developing the best in class UI and UX for business applications
- Engage users and UI developers to collaborate on the journey of UI using Design Thinking approach, as a part of that use surveys, WIIFM
- In agile environment, work dynamically with business and product owners, developers , to understand requirements at depth and develop inclusive designs
- Using methods like storyboards, user journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups, illustrations – develop , maintain and enhance the UI/UX artifacts to develop minimum viable products in the application development Lifecyle. This is agile and iterative
- Design data driven systems and build an intuitive product in the ecosystem of myriad of interfaces
What do I bring with me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Design and 4-5 years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Excellent and diverse portfolio in UX Design
- Ability to work on multiple UX opportunities at a time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and expertise in stakeholder communication with effectivity
- Critical Problem solver and Design Thinker who keeps empathy at the core and extends dialogues
- Hands-on experience on wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision , Figma) , conceptboards like Miro, etc, tools like Mindmaps for enabling discussions
- Knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of Usability and HCI is a great go!
- UX skillset supported with UI technical experience is desired.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time