We are Siemens Mobility - a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock and product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are innovative and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek an experienced Senior Project Manager with a proven track record of leading sophisticated projects in the transportation industry with a preference for that experience in the rail industry. Experience with Positive Train Control (PTC) is highly valued. This specific project is the first of its kind in North America! Join this long-term, innovative, and groundbreaking effort to enhance the dispatching efforts for autonomous train operations across the country!What your day-to-day will look like:
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management, and partners.
- Meet with clients to take detailed user requirements and clarify specific requirements for the project's contracted scope(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Implement our project process and management principles to all aspects of the project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all partners in a timely and transparent fashion. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis. Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other partners: delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and handle project dependencies and critical paths.
- Track project landmarks and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project teams and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the project's success.
- Conduct project postmortems and craft a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ability to lead/direct emergency support calls due to requirements of the contract that call for after-hour backing in the event of an emergency (24X7X365)
- PM Certification is highly desired.
- 8+ years in a Technical Project Management function
- Rail Industry experience is highly desired.
- Experience managing significant level projects ($40M+ range)
- Willing to work primarily from the client's office location based in Jacksonville, Florida, throughout the Requirements and Implementation phases of the project.
- Experience collaborating with customers and leading customer interactions.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.