We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Smart Buildings interact with people, systems, and external elements around them. Join us and become a Core Team member developing the next generation of intelligent building systems that massively improve energy efficiency and ease of use.
- Develop an open ecosystem with wired and wireless device integration via an edge device
- Contribute to the software architecture, design and implementation of edge devices based on Embedded Linux
- Evaluate of and contribute to Open and Inner Source components with an «open mindset» and following the «upstream first» principle
- Work in an agile development environment, following Scrum and SAFe principles with a clear customer focus
Your skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in engineering (electrical, computer science or similar)
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering on Embedded Linux based devices (Yocto / cross-development) and effective use of OSS
- At least five years’ experience in object-oriented design, preferably implemented in modern C++ as well as in scripting languages (Python)
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipelines for embedded devices (CMake, GitLab Runner, Lava, …)
- Proactive and motivated personality with excellent communication skills, able collaborate across different disciplines as well with other locations around the globe
- Readiness to take over ownership of topics and extended roles (e.g. SM, PO, …)
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time