We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, groundbreaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Energy Systems domain. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.We will be recruiting a group of Front End developers to work on our Grid Control Software initiatives
What are my responsibilities?
- Working within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software for electrical power system modeling and analysis,
- Drive the web application development process with UI/UX principles; own given features beginning to end, from mock-ups & design documents/reviews to acceptance testing and deployment,
- Develop creative and innovative front-end solutions for requirements,
- Test and validate the developed front-end solution with all stakeholders for assuring best optimal solutions and configurations,
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery,
- Work with different stakeholders from different cultures and understand their expectations to create the best optimal solution
- Conforming to Siemens processes, quality standards and guidelines,
- Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
- Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Proven 3+ years of experience designing and developing responsive front-end applications for Web,
- Solid experience in Typescript language / Angular framework,
- Have experience with Sass or other compiled CSS languages,
- Have experience in responsive web design,
- Willingness to learn backend development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
- Understanding of clean, testable and well documented front-end code.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
- Experience with map-based application development
- Experience with micro front-end architecture
- Experience in maintaining and debugging live web-based software systems,
- Experience in unit testing, integration test and end-to-end test, as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
- Experience in Java and Spring Boot development
- Knowhow on libraries such as Bootstrap, PrimeNg,
- Experience with common identity management services and integrations,
- Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
- Knowhow in CI/CD pipeline and tools,
- Knowledge of Energy Domain - Power Systems concepts
Desired Soft skills:
- Eager to learn new technologies, tools, and Energy domain know-how,
- Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
- Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
- Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
- Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
- Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
- Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
- Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
- An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences
What else do I need to know?
- Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
- No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time