- As an expert on wireless technologies, architectures, protocols and applications, you will consult our business units on the latest developments in your areas of expertise.
- In your role you have high responsibility in shaping and driving research activities in the context of industrial wireless connectivity, you provide strategic contributions like the development of research roadmaps, trend scouting and the acquisition and execution of internal and public funded research projects.
- You will develop and implement proof of concepts and prototypes.
- You will establish a network of contacts inside and outside of the company and collaborate with academic partners.
- You will supervise internships, MSc theses and PhD students.
- The basis of your success is a master's degree or a doctorate in Informatics, Computer Science or Information/Communications/Electrical Engineering.
- You have profound knowledge of different wireless standards, protocols and network architectures. Knowledge on current cellular network technologies (5G and beyond) would be desirable.
- You are proficient with well-established programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Java) and current network simulation frameworks (e.g. ns-3, OMNeT++, etc.).
- Basic knowledge on NFV and current orchestration frameworks like k8s would be desirable.
- Conceptual work is also part of your working style as well as the development and implementation of (software-)prototypes and technology demonstrators at a high level of quality.
- Experience with acquisition and management of complex R&D projects would be an asset.
- Very good written and spoken English skills are required, German skills would be an asset or should at least be acquired.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Find more benefits here
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time