Siemens Digital Industries Factory Automation
Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. We enable the smart usage of data utilizing cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence, edge computing, cloud computing, industrial 5G, blockchain and additive manufacturing.What are we doing
As part of Siemens Xcelerator, we are creating the automation platform of the future based on standardized API’s. Interoperability, flexibility, and openness are the most important key elements for this growing ecosystem where we drive a customer centric product development approach.About The role
We are looking for a Software Development and Test Engineer to join our automation platform development team in Brno. As part of this team, you will work on the data driven automation platform of the future in a startup like environment. We work in small agile teams consisting of Software Development- and Test Engineers, Software Architect and Product Owner. As a team we collaborate with other teams spread worldwide.
In your role as Software Development and Test Engineer, you will be responsible in designing and implementing test routines such as unit and functional tests to ensure functionality, reliability, and performance requirements.Area of Responsibilities
- Collaborating with stakeholders and other developers to discuss software specifications and controls.
- Design, implement and automate software testing strategies.
- Test and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements
- Prove for scalability and performance of the software
- Analyzing problems and locate bottlenecks and propose a range of viable solutions.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design and potential problems.
- Finalizing and documenting testing procedures.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or another related technical field.
- Experience with Software programming using C/C++.
- Experience with Software Unit Tests
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in Unix/Linux operating system environments.[HP1] [HT(FCIA2] [HT(FCIA3]
- Knowledge of development for real-time environments is a plus
- Good verbal and written English skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- You should be a team player
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Full-time