If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG and has been a leading supplier in the field of mobility for over 160 years. Our core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems and related services. We have always been very innovative in making traveling faster, safer and more comfortable. Today, we need new solutions to new challenges such as climate change and rising populations worldwide. That's what drives us. That's why we shape mobility with passion, always being one step ahead. Through digitalization, we make infrastructures smart and create opportunities that get us from A to B sustainably and seamlessly. Our 39,600 employees are pioneers in mobility who help to keep the world moving.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You are responsible for the certification and approval process of train protection systems in rail vehicles.
- You represent our projects at domestic and foreign assessment bodies and authorities. Thereby, you coordinate the communication with these bodies and achieve on-time as well as complete certifications and official approvals.
- You will independently clarify approval-related requirements (countries/customers, legal/regulatory requirements) and be responsible for coordinating, planning and monitoring approval activities as well as related reporting to your management and the project team.
- Furthermore, you will plan and monitor the required resources taking into account internal processes/guidelines as well as targets (safety, quality, deadlines, costs).
- You plan and track the required approval activities (e.g. tests, audits) and coordinate them with the external bodies and internal experts involved. In doing so, you coordinate the cooperation with the specialist departments in the provision of verifications and process comments from assessment bodies and authorities.
- Furthermore, you will provide support with regard to approval topics in national and international committees and collaborate on the creation/modification of processes for the approval of train protection systems.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a degree in transportation engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering or a comparable field.
- Your profile is characterized by several years of professional experience in the plant/project business (ideally in the field of rail vehicle technology).
- You have knowledge of train control systems (especially ETCS) and basic knowledge of the underlying European laws and standards (Interoperability Directive, CCS ZZS, CENELEC EN50126/EN50128/EN50129).
- You communicate speak German and English fluently. Ideally, you have good knowledge of other languages.
- In addition, you are willing to travel from time to time.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Martin Spandel.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time