Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Human Resources?
Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Human Resources.
The role is based in our HR department as part of our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Compensation & Benefits team. Within the Compensation & Benefits team, we ensure that Siemens is providing the right compensation and benefits package to attract top talent, motivate and engage our employees and provide job satisfaction so people want to continue to work for us.
Within our internship, you will have an exciting opportunity to make a real impact. You will be empowered to take ownership of projects and ideas to help develop our Compensation and Benefits initiatives that span 60+ countries. You will also have the flexibility to focus on the topics and projects that interest you most throughout your internship.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from your internship:
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the Siemens EMEA Hub Reward strategy and related activities with a view to drive all possible consistency, systems alignment and optimisation
- Collaborate with our teams across the globe and develop a strong understanding of how and why reward strategies vary across our EMEA countries
- Prepare content, data analysis and market reviews in PowerPoint for presentations to the business and key stakeholders to show return on investment on a variety of compensation & benefit topics
- Work closely with Reward Partners on reward related projects and initiatives, and in some instances lead activities, and liaise with partners including Executive Management, HR and Corporate Departments
- Create dynamic and engaging communications materials to launch projects and initiatives to employees and managers
- Working with fellow Global HR teams to develop and roll out robust end to end reward processes that are common across Compensation & Benefits EMEA Hub
- Develop an understanding of the employees and business expectations and requirements that lead to the development of a reward strategy
- We don't need a superhero but a super mind - We are looking for you!
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in a business or related degree
- You have a passion for making a difference, be curious, analytical, have strength in managing projects and deliver to deadlines.
- You’re creative and you think beyond the status quo; keen to contribute with new ideas
- You have a passion for HR and numbers and you can work independently on projects.
- You can also work as a team player who is willing to turn their hand to whatever is required of them and you have (or are willing to develop) the confidence to speak up, ask questions, and liaise with people at all level within Siemens
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal
- You are a person who loves to learn and be challenged and you have the ability to work to deadlines
- You are willing to analyse big data sets and have good time management skills
- Finally, you are proficient in Powerpoint and Excel
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
The role is a 12 months fixed term contract, starting around late June 2022 and be based 2-3 days a week in our office in Farnborough, Hampshire with the rest of the week working from home. Some travel might be required during your internship, around the UK and within EMEA.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Human Resources. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £18,670 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.