We make real what matters
Siemens makes buildings and cities smarter and supplies people with environmentally-friendly energy. We work hand in hand with artificial intelligence and move people from A to B safely. New challenges present themselves every day – and hereby the chance to face them. Join our team of about 303 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
We are a collection of innovative minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow.
Join our Smart Infrastructure team as the Global Head of Operations - Mechanical Services and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – Global, Challenging and Future-Oriented
- You develop and manage our global Mechanical Services workflows, tools and regional relationships in close collaboration with our colleagues from the Global Portfolio Team
- Build and maintain strong relationships with 3rd party service providers: for retrofit, spare part business and the execution of on-site service executed by 3rd party service providers though sub-contacting
- Define a standardized operations process for some of our regions, leveraging on Global standards
- Guide the execution of Mechanical Services by Siemens, leveraging on the site infrastructure of digital service centers and implement 3rd party service providers through sub-contracting
- You offer technical support to regional and branch leadership such as: troubleshooting, plan specifications, offerings/ quotations, product selection, and service planning along with onsite support when needed
What you bring along
Knowledge and Experience
- You offer extensive practical knowhow and experience in the Mechanical Service market. This is a must have criteria
- Working knowledge of the building industry helps you to understand our context. Ideally you worked for a few years as a technician, before you developed into a more managerial role
- Demonstrated managerial experience in guiding global distributed teams paired with the ability to influence without power play
- Experience in HVAC
- Willingness to travel up to 50% is important to strengthen your regional networks
- Having a vision: you possess a clear sense of our companies’ and your personal long-term direction
- Being adaptive: you accept that change is constant, and that new information is a strength
- Being humble, you accept feedback and acknowledge that others know more than you
- Being engaged: you are willing to listen, interact and communicate with internal and external stakeholders on different levels
- Being a networker: you are good in building and maintaining relationships across silos and countries
Who and where we are
- This job is available in the following countries: USA, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, Canada. Please note that we do not provide a VISA sponsorship or a global relocation in case you do not have the legal work eligibility for those countries.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time