The next wave of innovation for motors and drives
The “Digital Drive Train” (DDT) is a portfolio of digital offerings supporting the engineering and operation of a drive train (e.g., industrial motor and inverter) – providing, for instance, engineers with a virtual representation of the drive train for faster and more accurate engineering, faster commissioning and users who are seeking for an optimization of their operation e.g. with a predictive maintenance solution to avoid unplanned down times. Such digital offerings are not only an emerging business on their own, but they are also vital to ensure the future competitiveness of the entire Siemens drive train portfolio. Customers increasingly demand digitally enriched motors and inverters to e.g., know in advance about a potential failure of a motor, estimate the remaining lifetime, and take data-based operational decisions thanks to automated interpretations of anomalies in operations. Furthermore, the DDT is an important ingredient to optimize the performance and the environmental footprint of a drive train.
Siemens already has a rich DDT offering consisting of connectivity and cloud and edge-based analytics application solutions and Simulation and Virtualization offerings consisting of digital twin offerings ranging from static/semantic product twins to dynamic simulation model based performance twins to address Siemens and 3rd party motors as well as Siemens inverters, developed by different teams of the Business Unit Motion Control (MC), supporting OEMs and end customers to take the operation of motors and inverters to new performance levels.
Join us and contribute to driving digitalization in industry!
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Technical pre-sales consulting of our customers for our IoT and simulation portfolio
- Understand customer requirements and think out of the box to find innovative solutions for our customers which solve their challenges
- Provide portfolio ideas and requirements to portfolio management to constantly increase the value of our products
- Set up demo cases and pilot applications to promote our portfolio to internal and external stakeholders
- Technical support of our business development team in product market launch activities
- Maintenance of operational systems and tools as base for consulting and technical sales enablement, e.g. cloud/edge infrastructure, application examples, simulation software
- Visit co-creation partners and key customers together with regional sales force to discuss technical solutions and to support the implementation
You can look forward to:
- Being part of a highly motivated, startup-like team.
- Working for a market leader in drive solutions and digitalization of industry.
- Helping our customers to boost their productivity and innovate their products in the name of Industrial IoT
- Experiencing a truly multicultural atmosphere and use of English on a daily basis
- Engineering/Technical degree
- Experience in simulation software (e.g. NX MCD, SIMIT or Matlab Simulink) and programming (Python or SIMATIC S7)
- Experience in TIA Portal software (commissioning of the components)
- Well established drive system expertise and proficiency in commissioning of drive systems in industrial applications
- Experience in cloud and edge solutions
- Proficient English language skills for daily business communication; a command of the German language is an additional asset
Furthermore, we offer:
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, home office and company nursery school in Prague for work life balance
- An individual budget of 48,000 CZK, which you can turn into a combination of up to 8 days of extra holidays, cafeteria points or pension and / or life insurance
- E-voucher card - you can use for paying in stores like Tesco, Albert
- Possibility to become a Siemens shareholder and get free stocks
- Various discounts and offers
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
We are committed to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This is how we work best. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs are highly welcome.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens and learn more: www.siemens.com
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time