- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Available to work in a part-time capacity (10-25 hours per week) and full-time in summer 2023 and may be extended for part time in Fall
- Hybrid/Remote is preferred to Wilsonville, OR area
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Work on improving the current build system and its infrastructure.
- Fixing the complexity of the current build system and work on the Next generation of the build.
- Develop and enhance the ecosystem around the build and CI/CD system.
- Ensure to achieve stable and reliable systems and solutions.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate/graduate in Computer Science or a related field.
- Good experience with Linux operating systems.
- Good knowledge and experience with DevOps best practices.
- Good knowledge and experience with Build and CI/CD tools.
- Strong proficiency in programming/scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl).
- The candidate should have a powerful desire for continuous improvement and have a passion for automation and making tasks repeatable.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills are key attributes, including the ability to investigate, isolate and remedy software defects.
- This position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work constructively and productively on a team, as well as alone, is essential.
- The candidate should be resourceful, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative when appropriate.
- Experience with SCM (Software Configuration Management) like CVS and Git is a plus.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.