For system support in the Factory Automation business, we are looking for an experienced edge app architect to join our team. The main responsibility is to collaborate with customers and internal engineers to determine functional and non-functional requirements for edge apps. Define different aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards. Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Develop high-level edge app specifications with attention to integration with factory automation system (e.g., PLCs HMIs).
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Proven experience as software architect.
- Broad understanding of coding and programming languages.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
- Experience with database design and data modeling.
- Familiarity with web servers (e.g., Nginx) and UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of container technology (e.g., Docker, Docker-compose) and container-orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Familiarity with IOT technology (e.g., Raspberry Pi, Arduino) and MQTT communication.
- Highly motivated to work in a global team, learn from others and share your own knowledge.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or above in engineering fields such as computer science, mechanical, electronics, automation engineering, etc.
- You are a life-long learner and are excited to learn new technologies and ways of thinking.
- Good presentation skills.
- Industrial automation experience is a big plus.
What else do I need to know (introduction about
With the brand SIMATIC, Siemens has one of the world’s leading automation product families, including SCADA, PLC, HMI, IOs any many more. The upcoming Edge technology will bring IT technology to automation level and will change the automation world on a big scale.
SIMATIC System Support delivers internal technical support regarding Factory Automation topics. A team of highly motivated technical consultants covers knowledge across the whole SIMATIC Portfolio.
We are responsible to bring the latest technologies of Factory Automation Business Unit to Siemens engineers. This we do by various knowledge transfer measures and by technical supporting projects of customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time