We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
The Electrification and Automaton Business Unit is growing steadily in the United States. It is seeking highly qualified and energetic Power-Automation Proposals Applications Engineer for its Protection and Automation business located in Querétaro, México. This position is for an Application Engineer that will be responsible for Protection and Automation offers for the United States Market. The PA Application Engineer will play a significant role in business generation of Protection and Automation by preparing comprehensive technical and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing.
-Ensure timely offer preparation and support to customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues.
- The position will be based on Mexico but will serve predominantly the USA market.
-Provides leadership in the segment management.
-Reviews and assign Request for Proposals and monitors proposal activity.
-Ensure productivity to meet the offers team objectives and close orders.
-The PA Application Engineer will represent this product segment and will report functionally to Management in Mexico and USA.
What will you need to succeed?
•Bachelor degree as Mechanical/electrical engineering.
•Preffered Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products.
• Experience evaluating relay Protection & Communication schemes (schematics, communication network diagrams).
• Excellent collaboration skills in a team environment.
• Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
• Basic financial knowledge
• Experience with commercial terms and contract negotiations.
• English language proficient.
Would be a plus:
• Experience with protective relays and their application.
• Experience with automation controllers and their applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.