We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
The Grid Simulation Software Area Sales professional will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow the business with new client acquisition and existing client spend expansion through sales of software solutions, strategic services and educational opportunities focusing on the electric power industry across the US. This role is responsible for delivering on a quarterly basis bookings number across the portfolio of products and solutions contained within the Grid Simulation Software business segment including but not limited to: PSS®E, PSS®CAPE, PSS®ODMS, PSS®SINCAL, Network Model Management and Cloud solutions.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Meet or exceed orders booked and gross margin targets for the PTI business segment in the territory
- Collaborate and communicate with direct and indirect front-end sales and the Technical Sales resources across the Grid Software Business Units to open sales channels, increase sale and break in to underpenetrated accounts
- Develop and execute the strategic plan of operations for bookings in the territory and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management on a weekly basis
- Develop account plans and opportunity capture plans, critical to success in this role and be able to present to executive management
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, and proficiently demonstrate complex software solutions to clients
- Strong negotiation skills: ability to deliver favorable outcomes to both Siemens and the customer
- Work with proposal managers and the extended proposal team to develop customer specific proposals and lead the risk review process to Siemens management
- Lead strategy and market penetration efforts for new and innovative solutions based on the regional customer’s specific needs
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- 5+ years of business development experience with responsibilities for consultative sales to electric power Utilities, System Operators, Industrials, Developers, EPCs and Financial institutions
- Proven track record of account management including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product/service lines
- Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes – professional service and software solution sales in large matrix organizations
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and the ability to work though others
- Ability to strategize and demonstrate creative problem solving to overcome customer challenges and support job responsibilities
- Persuasive presentation and effective communication skills - both verbal and written
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the North Atlantic region in the US
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.