Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a CCS Manufacturing Engineer to ensure the long-term sustainability of our Cyclotron and Chemistry Solutions products.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a CCS Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as the manufacturing and process expert for all Siemens Explora Chemistry module products
- Supporting manufacturing and process needs for Siemens Eclipse Cyclotron products
- Leading improvement activities to support production, including process improvements and design feedback / improvements
- Leading process planning and PFMEA
- Leading and creating documentation to support the engineering change process
- Leading sustaining efforts including end-of-life (EOL) replacement needs
- Creating and updating Solidworks drawings related to Chemistry products
- Resolving quality discrepancies (GD&T issues, component P/N issues, production failures, etc.)
- Working closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines to architect, develop, integrate and test designs for prototype and production systems
- Maintaining a professional demeanor, appearance, and work environment
- Interfacing with clients and suppliers
- Participating in knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
- Assembly jig and fixture design
- Labeling and Packaging design
- Electro-Mechanical Design and Test
- Materials Engineering (Steel/Plastics) sustaining efforts
- Labor and Materials Cost Estimating
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below
- Biomarker production process
- Chemistry and cyclotron products
- PFMEA creation / development
- Mechanically inclined, hand assembly operations
- Design for Manufacturing
- Design for Radiation Exposure
- Knowledge of QA Audits / QS Regulations
- Theory of Lean Manufacturing & 5S
- 3D CAD Software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Steel Machining & Sheet Metal operations
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment; including experience with electro-mechanical systems, process control, and process design
- PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- CAD experience
- Highly organized
- Priority Planning and Frequent Priority Change Environment
- Cross-functional communication skills
- By default, this position is an in-plant position with the ability to work remotely occasionally as work tasks allow
- Willing to travel up to 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.