Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Supplier Quality Engineer
We are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our 700 employees manufacturing facility in Wendell, NC - working onsite or from our Peachtree Corners, GA office. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing, managing, and coordinating the eMobility product line quality program. This position must possess knowledge of data analysis techniques to resolve complex supply chain issues, and a continuous improvement and proactive mindset in driving down risk to the product and customer.
- Coordinating and verifying quality standards are in accordance with Siemens for the Wendell facility and suppliers
- ISO 9001 Quality system verification and auditing
- Performing Internal Audits (must be trained as a Lead internal auditor and have performed a minimum of 10 internal audits)
- Maintaining the Corrective and Preventive Action program (8D utilization)
- Maintaining and reporting facility KPIs to Management and Siemens Corporate
- Developing and implementing methods for sampling, inspection, testing and evaluation of products
- Initiates process improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs, simplify processes and improve overall results
- Supports process and test method validation activities by developing and executing protocols for new or existing processes
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers to provide technical support for our products and assure quality of incoming materials
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
- Develops and writes work instructions, supplier part specifications, and internal test methods
- Identify technical problems with suppliers, find root cause and implement corrective actions, as well as actively working on improving suppliers’ performance
- Monitor supplier quality performance and report results to management.
- Travel to assigned suppliers and perform regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and verify their qualifications, as well as actively participating in strategic supplier development and lead multiple projects to completion
- Execute vendor PPAPs (Product Part Approval Process) and ensure they are completed on-time
- Create incoming inspection plans and activate parts for inspection
- Support production, incoming inspection, and warranty departments on the resolution of supplier issues. Communicate with suppliers for resolution of non-conformances, ensure corrective actions are implemented and credit for non-conforming product is provided in a timely manner
- Maintain successful relationships with suppliers, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory departments
- Lead the development and implementation of supplier management programs. Implement quality improvement projects
- Monitor, communicate, and track suppliers’ deviations to ensure corrections are implemented before the deviation expires
- Ensure that the supplier quality program is in accordance with the requirements of the factory’s ISO Standards
- Collaborate with team to identify and implement process improvements
- Obtain Siemens internal auditor certification and perform internal audits in a timely manner
What will you need:
- 5 plus years experience in regulated ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and able to use Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5 plus years experience working as a Quality or Manufacturing Engineer in a Manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Demonstrated experience using an ERP Software
- Analytical, root cause and corrective action techniques
- Ability to inspect and measure items for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, and functional operation. Must be able to utilize various inspection tools and equipment including but not limited to: Calipers, Micrometers, Tape Measures, XRF Meter, Custom Fixtures, Digital Equipment, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and decisions. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Strong verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, self-learn, and manage time efficiently
What will set you ahead of the pack:
- Knowledge of metrology techniques for inspection and validation of parts
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstrated experience using SAP
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Internal auditor certification
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.