Come join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. Due to growth we are adding a Certified Welding Inspector who will ensure our production methods and outcomes align with our high quality standards.
What you will be doing:
- Support quality assurance activities in all weld departments (light rail carshell, locomotive carshell, coach stainless steel carshell, and bogie weld).
- Conduct dimensional compliance and that all required NDT including VT, MT, PT, UT and RT inspections of welded carshells and bogie frames are completed to defined standards and specifications.
- Ensure all inspections are correctly documented and reported.
- Analyze inspection data to identify root causes for weld defects and work with weld engineering and weld experts to define best practices to reduce the number of defects.
- Performs a wide variety of inspections in the Carshell welding and bogey manufacturing areas.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct routine visual CWI, dimensional, and mechanical inspections on a wide variety of welded and machined components and assemblies.
- Utilizes one or more non-destructive testing techniques to verify acceptability of welded and machined components.
- Ensures all work performed is to the correct configuration revision and within the requirements of applicable drawings, specifications and guidelines.
- May conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling and provide summary reports and diagnostics.
- Ability to enter, maintain and extract information from Material Resource Planning, noncompliance tracking tools and Configuration management System.
What you will need to be successful:
- 2 Years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- GED or High School Diploma
We would be impressed if you had:
- Rail experience
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector
We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.