As Technical Manager / Architect for ATC in CBTC Projects you will be responsible for:
Responsibility for the technical management of Engineering activities in ATC for CBTC Systems.: Ensuring economic success and (internal) customer satisfaction for ATC domain in CBTC application projects.
Carrying the responsibility for the project ATC architecture, application scope, both technical and commercial. Representation of the application scope within the project towards the PM and customer, whilst reporting to the line management (group lead).
Application planning and controlling:
For ATC scope in CBTC projects determination of the comprehensive project objectives from the Contract, Project Management and Product documents. Preparation of the project planning and delivery of project documents. Ensuring compliance with defined procedures/processes..
Coordination of the complex application implementation with international partners. Ensuring that the application goals defined with the technical management, project management and all project participants are achieved.
Exploration of further business opportunities:
Identification and exploitation of additional business opportunities during project implementation, e.g. identifying Change Requests or extending the scope towards generic application work packages.
Technical leadership of the CBTC ATC team including resource planning and coordination with the organizational units involved. Managing following team setup:
- Design, Interface, and Engineering Input clarification with customer and rolling stock supplier
- Interfacing/Clarification with overall System Manager for ATC Architecture, Engineering and independent safety assessor
- Scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation of Software and hardware engineering
- Evaluation of customer, rolling stock and internal requirements towards establishing suitable project specific solution and requirements engineering/compliance
- Have performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem and system engineering toward evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces.
- Detailed knowhow on onboard CBTC ATC architecture, interface with rolling stock including mounting information for components like Cabinets, Antenna and Speed sensors
- Preparation of detailed design documentation and Safety Application Rules (SAR) evidence report
- Understanding of other subsystem like Interlocking, ATS, Communication and Diagnostic Systems
- Knowledge on Test Management and Validation
- Supporting installation and tests activities/teams onsite
- Knowledge of Projects Support functions (RM/DM/CM) and Quality Management
- Knowledge of Project Management principles towards planning, scheduling and budget controlling.
role for technical management involves focus on engineering activities with 80%
efforts and also management of team/cost/schedule approximately 20% efforts.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Degree in electrical engineering or systems engineering preferably with railway specific specialization
· Professional experience of minimum 5 years in railway transportation systems as Architect / (System) Engineering Design in ATC for CBTC domain
· Performed hands on design engineering activities for Hardware & Software engineering for wayside and onboard ATC CBTC subsystem besides evaluation of operational scenarios, requirements, and interfaces
· Knowledge of project management principles for project realization and Project executions covering activities like customer interfacing, scope clarification, Design/Engineering planning and resource allocation
· Fluent English essential both written and oral, knowledge of German is an asset
· Independent and structured approach to work
· Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time