Siemens Mobility designs and develops EBP systems (Electronic Control Desk). These are complex real-time computer systems which are being used in signaling-boxes to control and manage the signaling infrastructure.
As Junior Sysadmin, you will be in charge of start-up, service and maintenance of IT systems and applications. In this role, you will take care of the:
- Daily system maintenance of the production environment in the approx. 30 signaling boxes, the development environment, and the configuration environment (computers for parameter creation of the production systems).
- Second level support for the EBP application and IT equipment in the signal boxes.
- Preparation of servers, workstations, network equipment for new signal boxes or for extension/replacement in existing signal boxes.
- Testing, documenting and implementation of new Technologies and concepts.
- Occasional Devops tasks and mounting/assembly work of IT equipment in computer rooms and control rooms are possible.
- As our clients are located everywhere in the country, you will have regular car trips in Belgium.
- You will be part of our guard duty (by turns).
You should apply if you:
- Can work in a structured and precisely way.
- Can work autonomously as well as in team.
- Are customer oriented and you have a good communication.
- Are flexible on working hours and mobility in Belgium.
- Can make yourself understandable in Dutch, French and English.
Do you have knowledge and/or interested in:
- Networking: routers, switches, VPN, firewall, VRRP from Allied Telesis
- Debian / Ubuntu / RedHat Linux system administration / CENTOS
- Scripting in Bash, Ruby, Python, Powershell
- Cyber security
- Zaabix, Nagios, Puppet, Git, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Symantec NetBackup; Veeam
- Vmware, vSphere, Vcenter
- Full Tolerance server / Stratus VOS system administration
- Database technology: mysql / postgres
- IT hardware
Then, we should meet!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.A. / N.V
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time