Senior Technical Documentation Specialist
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of Siemens products. Your role involves collaboration with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• An engineering graduate with 8-12 years of experience in working as a Technical writer with hands on experience in software products
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and develop high-quality documentation that meets expected standards and is targeted for a specific audience
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Hands on experience in testing of the product, and documenting the UI/product behavior
• Working knowledge on tools such as Wiki, Confluence, Snagit, Adobe products, MS-Word, Agile methodology, Cloud applications
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in.At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time