Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Manufacturing Stream Leader (Coil Winding) to join our site in Oxford (Station Road) where we design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems.
You will manage a highly flexible manufacturing Team to world class standards. Be responsible for day-to-day operational activities to ensure the business strategy and associated goals and targets at a local level are achieved. The Stream Leader will be responsible for their area and accountable for all aspects of the team’s performance and act as first point of contact for issues and shall seek resolution by using the skills and resources of the team to minimising the need for escalation. Working with support functions, you will lead a flexible workforce to implement schedules, methods and processes, allocate manpower and resources, identify problems and provide solutions and improvements in their respective process. The Stream Leader will be a role model to the team promoting and adopting the Siemens Healthineers Values.
Areas of responsibility
• Provide clear direction and act as Inspirational Leader and coach to the manufacturing Stream.
• To comply with, and support the Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures. To investigate any EHS incidents professionally to the required standard.
• Implement schedules and plans, allocate manpower and resources through MT flex policy to ensure all manufacturing activities are resourced and managed appropriately including the introduction of new products and processes.
• Identify opportunities for improvement through the analysis of the current operational performance using the relevant Key Performance Indicators owned by you and your Team, such as Quality, Cost and Delivery measures.
• Capable Lean practitioner, facilitating the application of lean Tools through team activity and the application of Healthineers Performance System (HPS)
• Maintain a high level of visual management.
• Motivate and continuously develop the team, seek out appropriate development opportunities for self and others through our People and Leadership Practices (PLP).
• Defines others and own goals, performance manage others through the application of our policies.
• Manage and develop the flexible skill levels within the Team, utilising the skills data and training provided
• Communication through regular shift meetings and departmental performance reviews.
• Identifies and proactively manages internal & external stakeholders such as Engineers, PLM and Quality collaborate closely with other SCM Teams to resolve issues, conflicts and maintain standards.
• Apply structured problem solving, present and justifies ideas and decisions with logical arguments.
Skills and Experience
• The incumbent will have proven experience in a similar manufacturing environment and be self-motivated and capable of motivating his/her team members to meet the Team and business objectives.
• Minimum of GCSE grade C or equivalent in English, Maths and Sciences required, evidence of qualifications in Lean or 6σ application desirable.
• Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, planning, analytical/problem solving skills are required.
• Knowledge and experience of Materials/Inventory planning systems is essential.
• SAP experience required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) required.
Being part of our team:
In Oxford, Siemens Magnet Technology design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. We are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. Find further information about our products and services here.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- A competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days annual holidays
- Subsidised restaurant and on-site gym
- Access to our flexible benefits including private healthcare, dental cover, and many more
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking with strong commuter links to the surrounding area; and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time