Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Mechanical Services business in the Bay Area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, Corporate Real Estate, Data Centers, K-12, Universities, Federal, and State facilities. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and negotiation skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, for direct end-user service market.
- NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE: this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base.
- Excellent benefits: starting from day one of employment, benefits include medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle reimbursement program.
- Quick ramp-up time: Siemens new “Ready To Sell” Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Develop a vertical market(s) and geographic account management with a strategic growth plan
- Attend industry specific networking events and actively participate in organizations as a representative for SIEMENS in the electrical service market
- Educate the market and customers on SIEMENS mechanical service capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with SIEMENS solutions and services
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of mechanical service opportunities
- Deliver on forecasted results consistently
- Be capable of estimating and proposing mechanical service agreements and HVAC retrofit projects
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers and position service as a key Siemens differentiator to customers and prospects
- Prospects and customers would include new and existing Siemens installations and installations of 3rd party automation, electrical, fire and mechanical products and solutions
- Work jointly with the multiple levels of the customer’s organization to understand and document their business goals and how success is measured. Align the customers objectives with services to ensure that their building system performs as required to achieve their business goals
- Develop value-based sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations. Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to complete a compelling proposal and close the sale
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth “sales to operations” turnover and monitors progress
- Assist in resolving collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Stay involved with the customer to grow the Service Agreement when renewed by proposing additional customer valued services from the comprehensive Siemens portfolio
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering desired, although candidates with at least a High School Diploma or GED equivalency (a minimum requirement) along with 10+ years of HVAC industry experience will also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in technical sales, business development, or consulting within the HVAC industry. Experience in other industries such as Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Security, and Energy Efficiency is a plus
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners, maintenance contractors, and mechanical industry subcontractors is strongly desired
- Knowledge and experience utilizing SPIN selling and the Challenger Sales Model strongly preferred
- Must be willing and available to travel 5% overnight for training and business development
- Must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and must not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver's license and be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle reimbursement program
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.