The Proposal SPecialist will play a significant role in business generation of Air-Insulated Medium Voltage Switchgear, and Motor Controllers by preparing comprehensive technical
and commercial proposals and solutions that best fits our customer needs, while ensuring competitive pricing. The Proposal Specialist will work closely with Siemens Sales to
prepare offers supporting customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual, and commercial issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or Related an engineering experience in an EPC, engineering, manufacturing, utility, or industrial corporate environment
• Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and power systems/ power delivery.
• Experience evaluating relay P&C schemes, schematics, communication network diagrams.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for power distribution applications
• Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications, drawings and datasheets to interpret and apply appropriate Siemens product offerings to meet the customers’
expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
• Excellent collaboration skills in a team environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer
• Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
• Basic financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
• Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
• Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
• Self-starting and autonomous with time management and prioritization ability
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS in Power Systems
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Tools such as Salesforce.
• Focus on medium voltage switchgear and motor controller products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.