Knowledge of utility rebates and performance contracting legislation preferred but not required.
Strong mechanical and HVAC systems knowledge and experience is preferred.
Federal work experience is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities include estimating, design verification, knowledge of building codes, project scheduling, equipment start-up, commissioning, and project close out.
Generate written project scope work for sub contractors as reflected in the design intent or within existing plans and specifications. Complete responsibility for all project financials including cost management and monthly forecasting. Prepare customer progress billings accurately and on time. Approve payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtain contractor and materials bids for each project. Responsible for all coordination of customer project meeting and accurately provide and document meeting minutes. Responsibilities include defining project budgets and schedules in the project acquisition phase.
Qualified candidate shall be proficient in Excel, Word, MS Project or Primavera and Outlook. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills. A Minimum of 5 years Previous project management experience.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtains bids and utilizes procurement to select subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Drives project development to hit OI target and schedule.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations; Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects; Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a technical field preferred, however, candidates with a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency, along with strong mechanical and HVAC experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large energy or mechanical commercial/industrial building projects (over $500K).
-Proficient in Excel, Word, MS Project or Primavera and Outlook. Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Must be capable of up to 65% travel.
- Knowledge of utility rebates and performance contracting legislation preferred but not required.
- Strong mechanical and HVAC systems knowledge and experience is preferred.
- Federal and public jobs (with an understanding of prevailing wages) work experience is preferred but not required.
- Estimating, design verification, knowledge of building codes, project scheduling, equipment start-up, commissioning, and project close out.
-Individual must possess a legal drivers license
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.