IT User Support
Provide solutions to problems escalated from all support
levels. Duties include tracking problems until solutions are identified and
implemented to the customer's satisfaction. Examples include troubleshooting
hardware issues, software issues, virus remediation, and fault isolation on
PCs, LAN equipment, printers, communications devices, and other peripherals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain high-level customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met
- Handle service requests promptly and appropriately.
- Escalate issues according to established procedures.
- Must be able to support executives and senior leadership
- Monitor trouble tickets and prioritize problems based on business impact
- Manage multiple MDM operating systems covering Windows 10, iOS, and Android OS
- Maintain physical inventory of hardware and software
- Maintain and gain knowledge and competency in related Microsoft technologies
- Notable projects from management will be assigned out, and individual tasks will be assigned and worked to resolution
- Limited travel of 10-15% is required for supporting satellite offices; employees must be able to provide transportation to and from satellite offices and transport desktop-related hardware if needed.
- After-hours, weekends, and holidays may be required depending on work volume, outages, and emergency situations.
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION or EXPERIENCE – Required
- At a minimum, an associate's/vocational/technical degree in computer science or a related information technology field. BS/BA degree preferred.
- Zero to two years of Information Technology experience
- Two years of working knowledge/experience of working and supporting Microsoft technologies
Preferred Certificates / Licenses
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
- Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MTA, and MCSE/MCSA.
Essential Job Knowledge
- Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support executives, department heads, supervisors, administrative personnel, engineers, and staff.
- Basic understanding of desktop software/hardware, including printer hardware, and the subsequent implementation, support, and repair.
- Basic understanding of desktop Operating Systems from Microsoft
- Basic understanding of operating systems and hardware from Apple
- Basic experience with using one or more of the following device management tools: SCCM, Microsoft Intune, and Azure Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of Linux-based Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of networking protocols, topology, and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of technology such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, and ActiveSync.
- Basic to moderate understanding of modern mobile technologies and their implementation in a corporate environment. Must be completely comfortable with the support of mobile technology.
- Experience in video conference technology and support.
- Experience and knowledge in VoIP telephony
Desired Work Traits & Skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently and also have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must also have the ability to write up policies and procedures and document the work environment clearly and concisely.
- Must also keep up with industry trends and stay current in technology.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.