Application Engineer in Molecular Modeling
*This position can be based in any of these locations: USA - East Coast and Europe (any country).
Siemens is seeking an Application Engineer, Advanced, in the field of computational chemistry and multiscale modeling.
You are an enthusiastic team player with a computational background in biology, chemistry, or physics. As part of Simcenter CULGI’s dynamic and multidisciplinary team, you will support the customer to achieve their objectives. You will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of individual projects, executing simulation tasks ensuring quality results, reporting on their progress, and delivering successful and valuable solutions to the customer. You will interact with the customer to support the management of their expectations.
- Interfaces with customer during the execution of the projects
- Provides information to the development team to improve our software solutions
- Writes / updates scripts to support and enhance creation of simulation tasks
- Proactively communicates status on all projects
- Apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A Ph.D. degree in computational science in either biology or chemistry
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Problem solving and reasoning skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Previous role as R&D engineer is a plus
- Commercial or professional industrial experience is a plus.
- Having experience in multiscale modeling and/or computational chemistry is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: dARE - Operative Activity 576w (previously SISW B.V.)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time