We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
We are looking for a product manager for our danger management software that is able to identify the customer needs and the larger business objectives that a product or feature will fulfill, articulates what success looks like for a product and rallies a team to turn that vision into a reality.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the complete life cycle of the product, from the idea, to the market launch, to the discontinuation - through technical innovations, you repeatedly create a competitive advantage, which you turn into commercial success
- Together with the sales department, you will develop and evaluate new market opportunities and check the effort and practicability of these ideas together with the development
- You will accompany the agile development process and ensure that the greatest possible customer benefit is created at the lowest possible cost; to this end, you will moderate regularly scheduled sprint demos, coordinate alpha tests, and organize customer workshops
- You define the business model, the price and the marketing of the finished product; you put a special focus on the communication of the customer benefit (value proposition)
- After market launch, you maintain your product and continuously search for optimizations and new market opportunities - which brings us back to the second key point
- You hold a university degree, technical degree or higher education in engineering or an equivalent qualification
- More than 6 years of experience within the danger, safety & security management software industry
- At least 3 years of professional experience, ideally in customer centric product & portfolio management
- You have a broad and extensive security domain knowhow and expertise, i.e. experience in access control, intrusion, perimeter protection and situational awareness, based on multi-years own sales and project experience in the regions
- You have good IT/IoT/OT-knowhow as well as good knowledge about Cloud technology and Software as a Service
- You thrive for IT, on change management and quality orientation
- Strong business acumen and a strategic attitude paired with technical affinity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be able to interact with team members at all levels and be effective as part of a broader distributed team
- Business fluent in English & German
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time