Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
- Responsible for developing hardware and software solutions for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment product enhancements.
- Systems Engineer will report to Head of Architecture, AC EVSE, eMobility.
- Generate MVP or POC for new product requirements and feature additions based on the existing Hardware & Software platform
- Work closely with platform development team to specify and implement hardware and software technical requirements for new product solutions
- Identify product cost advantages to increase profitability and propagate to respective teams
- Device immediate solutions to improve customer experience as a stop gap solution till software and hardware updates are performed.
- Enhance Test platform hardware to aid in design to test methodology
- Modify software for existing platform to perform quick proof of concept for feature enhancements and new ideas
- Create POCs utilizing evaluation boards and off the shelf hardware modules
- Responsible for EV interoperability to adapt to changing standards and EV based timing conditions
- Perform feasibility study of custom requests for EV service providers (OCPP) and Building management (MODBUS) use cases
- Create sequence diagrams representing business logic for customer use cases
- Contribute to network and set-up requirements for beta testing sites
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Electronics and Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience in Application development in C, Python for AM335X embedded platform.
- 2-5 yrs of experience in data analytics, cloud solutions, application development and test automation.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
- Experience in Collaboration Tools, source control tools such as Agile, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Clearcase, CVS.
- Experience in implementing WebApi, Websocket APIs
- Comfortable with wearing multiple hats across multiple disciplines
- Desire to contribute to a team environment to get the job done
- 1-2 years Experience of hardware software interactions at PCBA level and diagnosing circuit level failures
- 1-2 years working experience in software-hardware integration testing and product endurance testing
- Experience in driving internal quality steps for root cause evaluation of customer issues
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working Experience of communication protocols SAE J1772, HPGP, OCPP, Open ADR etc used in EV management
- Experience in EV Interoperability, Energy management, demand response and load balancing in EV Infrastructures.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.