We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software is leading the way in this energy transformation with a comprehensive portfolio that addresses key challenges surrounding resiliency, reliability, affordability and security requirements for our customers.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
This position is part of our Power Technologies International (PTI) team. PTI is our trusted advisor that takes a holistic approach, providing business advisory, technical consulting, and simulation software solutions. Join us in our mission to enable grid operators, along with industry and infrastructure companies, to accelerate and secure this energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Work on small to medium-sized projects to solve power grid challenges
- Analyze customer's business requirements and application objectives, and develop an application design in products to meet customer's needs
- Identify future opportunities in power distribution consulting services
- Conduct periodic status checks with customer and team to assess progress against the plan
- Estimate time frames, quality and quantity of resources required to successfully implement PTI projects
- Support the development of project plans by incorporating all project variables
- Prepare weekly status reports on all project activities
- Produce draft reports and presentations with study results for the review of project owners
- Find innovative solutions to automate repeating workflows and procedures
- May participate in pre-sales support as needed
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools. We will consider candidates with 1+ years of relevant experience including engineering internships.
- 5+ years of experience in the power industry can be considered as a Senior Consultant
- Knowledge of distribution system planning or operations with experience in analyzing power flow, short circuit, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients
- Experience with Distribution Power System Simulation Software: CYME®, Synergi ®Milsoft ®, OpenDSS/ GridLAB-D,
- Experience in Power system studies: Power Flow, Short Circuit, DG/DER Interconnection Study, Hosting capacity analyses, Electrical Vehicle (EV) infrastructure planning, Volt-VAR Control and Optimization, Automated Switching
- Programming skills such as Python or C#
- Ability to discuss findings clearly in reports and presentations
- Enthusiastic about learning new power systems simulation software
Helpful experience and knowledge:
- Industrial Power System simulation packages: ETAP, SKM, PSS Sincal
- Electromagnetic Transients power system simulation tools: PSCAD®, EMTP-RV®, RSCAD®
- Calculation and Estimation of Distribution Reliability Indexes’, such as SAIDI, CAIDI
- Previous experience within the (distribution) planning department of US utilities
- Knowledge of PSS®E, or PSLF
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering-Power Systems
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work remotely and with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.