Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as UX Design Team as Human Factors Engineer
This position works in the Eastern Time Zone with flexible work from home arrangements in coordination with your manager. The role may include occasional attendance at the Princeton, NJ location and travel to various customer sites across the USA
The Siemens Healthineers UX team (Princeton, NJ) is seeking a Human Factor Engineer to assist in the design and regulatory approval and validation of products and services by applying human factors theory, principles, and data to our standardized design process focused on the end users and their environment.
- Minimum degree is BS in Engineering, Human Factors Engineering / Ergonomics, Usability Engineering, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Engineering Psychology or equivalent technical degree or work experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in the following areas: execution of contextual research, usability validation methods in formative and summative studies, and other evaluations
- Familiarity with existing IEC Usability standards, AAMI Human Factors standards and FDA Human Factors Guidance, as well as experience with risk management activities applied by Human Factors to medical devices required.
- Demonstrated success with having achieved products launched and having supported complex submissions.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and usability best practices
- Experienced and expert in planning and executing usability evaluations and other evaluation methods (in-person and remote studies) including experience in writing formal Formative and Summative (Validation) evaluation reports
- Proven ability to focus on the user’s needs and to translate those needs into design recommendations
- Ability to organize, run, and report on contextual/customer site visits
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on complex projects
- Ability to deliver high quality work on schedule
Responsibilities / Job Description
The individual in this position will work in a highly collaborative, multi-expertise team that is committed to achieving UX excellence and creating experience-driven solutions for Siemens Healthineers
The HF team member will:
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product, and marketing team members to define requirements and evaluate design concepts to ensure user and environmental needs are met
- Use proven HFE methodologies and tools to improve the overall usability of Siemens Healthineers products and to ensure safe and reliable user experiences
- Plan and execute contextual research, informal and formal usability evaluations, and validation testing
- Plan and execute expert or usability evaluations by developing success criteria, analyzing data, and providing data-driven design recommendations
- Compose and deliver standard HFE documentation such as: usability plans, task analysis, hazard/harm and mitigations analysis, design evaluation protocols, and design evaluation reports and/or memos
- If required for the project, work with regulatory team members on usability and product documentation required for FDA submission
- If required for the project, work on FDA-specified documentation required for the Usability Engineering File
- Facilitate/lead meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders
- For customer site visits, must adhere to each facilities’ vendor credentialing requirements concerning training, immunizations, approvals, etc.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.