Siemens Larges Drives LLC has an opening for a Motor Tester located in our Norwood, Ohio manufacturing facility! In this role you will perform complex mechanical and electrical testing of 3 phase electric motors. Motors range in size of 200 HP thru 20000 HP.
You will also be testing to ensure that the manufacturability, quality, and safety requirements are attainable in the motor test process. Ensuring accuracy and availability of sophisticated procedures to support product modifications and testing. The Tester operator performs sophisticated testing for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Test Department Supervisor. This position is in a collective bargaining Union and is a 2nd shift position. Must be willing to train on first shift until fully qualified.Responsibilities
- Interpret drawings, specifications, work center and manufacturing methods.
- Measure and record dimensions using measuring equipment related to processes.
- Perform and sign off on all QA and test operations using quality/computer programs.
- Follow appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Must meet all physical job requirements.
- Adhere to all outlined section and operational processes and procedures.
- Ensure motor matches the accompanying drawings and documentation
- Measure motor auxiliaries for accurate resistance or state indication
- Measure and perform operation checks on motor auxiliary equipment
- Measure motor stator resistance and insulation resistance.
- Use any and all equipment vital to test motor, example (multimeter, meggar, hipot, PLC, HMI, computer, data collection, power analyzer
- Ability to operate generators, transformers, variable speed drives
- Ability to work safely with 120 volts thru 13800 volts
2-4 Two years of electrical training or equivalent professional experience.4-6 years of manufacturing experience
Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors.
Minimum of a HS Diploma or GED required.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in the manufacturing and testing of large 3 phase electric motors.
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
- Read and Interpret Blueprints.
- Knowledge of machine finishes and runout.
- Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
- Experience with various types of measuring equipment: Micrometers, Calipers, Thread gauges, etc.
- Knowledge of special test equipment: Potential Transformers, Current Transformer, Torque Transducers, Vibration Transducers etc.
- Experience with AC/DC generators, switch gear, variable speed drives, PLCs, HMIs .
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
At Siemens, our mission is to transform the every day. We strive to better understand the need of our customers and of society. We develop technology with impact to transform the world’s economies. We intelligently combine the digital and physical world to build a better tomorrow
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.