The future of clean energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see these ideas come to life.
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You'll be responsible for Procurement of parts for main commodities like Press Parts, Sheet Metal Parts, Bus Ducts, Metallic Bellows Zinc Plating, Painting, Powder Coating etc.
- Familiar with costing of Laser Cut, Press, Punching Operations.
- You'll send RFQ’s, get offers with cost break ups, evaluate offers and negotiate them to get best possible prices using Siemens tools.
- You should be able to do should be costing / Zero Base Costing. Should be familiar with MPHR, Labor cost, Tooling Concept.
- You should be familiar with LME, BME & Nalco Base Working.
- You'll make frame and rate contract with suppliers, perform market scan for potential sources, supplier evaluation & approval through cross functional team and on-boarding.
- You'll work on localization of parts & identification of alternate suppliers (qualification and pilot lot validation) using valid processes and guidelines through cross functional team.
- You'll develop long term strategies for the commodities.
- You'll work on cost reduction using various techniques like negotiations, e-auction, alternate source development, design-to-cost, etc.
- You’ll act as a support for Supplier Capacity Mapping, Supplier Risk Assessments, Audits & Quality Improvements
- You will work along with cross functional team members to drive cost reduction projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- You are a Mechanical Engineer (B.E. / B.Tech)
- You've 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Management domain preferably in High Voltage Products like GIS / AIS etc.
- You have basic knowledge of purchasing concepts of business and good working knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point and Power BI etc.
- You have basic knowledge of SAP.
- You’ve strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have knowledge of Zero Based Costing.
- You have knowledge of Market / supplier base domain preferably in this industry.
- You will take initiative on cost reduction initiatives & demonstrate with pro-active actions for making it happen.
- You’ve strong passion to work in a team, hardworking & transparent in nature.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you finish all the areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in.
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
This role is based at Aurangabad, Maharashtra but you’ll also get to visit other locations as per business need, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time