Contract Management Professional
We leverage our powerful ecosystem of leading external and internal partners and our network of key delivery centers. We believe in the value of industry best-practice standards achieved through evolving technology and digitalization. We focus on employee experience as a key driver of our actions. In doing so, we deliver flexibility, quality and efficiency for the businesses we partner with.
The position is with Siemens Limited India and the incumbent will be responsible for providing high quality and responsive contract management support and guidance to the Smart Infrastructure business. The position will report to the Lead Lawyer Smart Infrastructure, India.
The position requires high level of business orientation with focus on problem solving and supporting major projects, while upholding strong ethics and integrity across the organization.Come, Change the future with us!
In your primary role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analysis and commenting on tenders, contracts and contract-related documents in order to identify and inform business about contractual risks, opportunities and mitigation measures.
- Ensure compliance of internal guidelines and approval process related to bidding activities.
- Participating contract negotiations, formulating/implementing negotiation strategy, documenting negotiation results and preparing adjustments to contract documents.
- Collecting, preparing, managing relevant documents (incl. drafting of letters) and evidence in accordance with contractual deadlines and requirements.
- Supporting project management team in contract and claim related matters like
- Provide clear contractual analysis and advice to the project team on matters concerning contractual obligations including but not limited to extension of time, change orders, liquidated damages, termination of contract, etc.
- Identifying, evaluating, contractual outgoing and/or incoming claims and support the project team to enforce/defend claims (including preparation of and participation in negotiations).
- Develop and implement claim strategies as well as maintain a systematic management of incoming and outgoing claims.
- Document all claim relevant events and contract deviations during execution in a structured way by using the applicable tools.
- Responsible for litigation management and support on all legal proceedings like mediation, conciliation, arbitration or court proceedings in a most cost-effective manner.
- To participate in team activities and task forces to help Siemens Legal India and the Global Legal Team to develop processes or for any special projects.
- Promote contract management culture in company at various levels through training, workshops, etc.
- Ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously and competing priorities and to work within a matrix set up.
- Manage expectations of multiple business partners within the organization.
- Training: You will be required to learn and share your learnings by way of trainings to the Legal team and business on various topics.
Desired Qualifications & Traits
· You have a law degree from a reputed law college
in India or from a reputed international college with
10 to 14 years PQE.
· You have comparable commercial/technical qualification.
· You have preferably worked within Contract / Claim Management or Legal function with a law firm or multinational company, with internationally staffed teams and international contractual partners.
· You have experience and advanced understanding of delay analysis, contract laws and arbitration laws.
· You have an experience in litigation and drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts and dispute resolution. Additionally, experience in regulatory and compliance issues would be an advantage.
· You will be our preferred candidate if you have advanced communication and legal writing skills (English), a problem-solving and solution-oriented approach and a dedicated attitude. You should be driven by integrity, ownership culture and reliability. You should be open to occasional to frequent travelling and like to have fun at work.
This role is based in Navi Mumbai (Airoli), Maharashtra. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time