Believe there's more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are a great option for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll be able to learn new skills whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a groundbreaking company like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Due to expansion of the Digital Industries Training solutions business to include Connected Curriculum, Siemens Cooperates with Education and the re-introduction of Digital Connectivity and Power training, we have identified an opportunity to take on an apprentice in Business Administration to help with the increased workload.
We are recruiting school and college leavers to join our apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in engineering.The challenge
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. .Here’s how the programme works:
- When you join the business, you will be allocated both a line manager and a mentor to support you through your apprenticeship
- At the same time you will be signed up with a specialist training provider who will deliver the academic element of your apprenticeship with. To support you, 20% of your standard weekly working hours will be spent studying for your apprenticeship qualification. (20% off the job study time throughout your apprenticeship is still paid for).
- Supporting with the day to day facilitation in hosting our trainees, maintaining and ordering a wide variety of stock items
- Issuing joining instructions to trainees
- Maintaining accurate records in our learner management system
- Processing orders
- Assisting in invoicing
- Assisting the Connected Curriculum project manager with event coordination activities.
- Gain a strong understanding the sales life cycle and how it all fits together; from opportunity tracking/pipeline, customer engagement, capture planning, competitive tendering, presentations, negotiations, contract award, implementation, and delivery.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- Flexible with excellent communication and methodological skills
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve at least 5 GCSE's grade 4 or above including maths and english language at grade C or above.The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £12,500 at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Siemens. Think this is you?Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time