This is a rare opportunity to earn whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Begin your graduate journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you to develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you will be set up with the best knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Assist in delivering project engineering work-packages
- Develop knowledge and skills in the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and system design to ensure these are delivered to time, quality, and cost parameters
- Build a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation
- Prepare and maintain team resource schedules to identify resource utilisation and work with the Principle Project Engineer to maximise resource utilisation and efficiency
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement of project engineering by identifying efficiencies in project engineering while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes, tools and methods of working
- Carry out work placements in specified technical and non-technical business functions.
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- You will be working towards a degree in Railway Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronics, Software, Artificial Intelligence or a Computer Science related subject.
- All Graduates are expected to be fully geographically flexible but this role is based at our Chippenham headquarters for the full two year programme where our graduate engineers will have the opportunity to experience many of the different engineering (and non-engineering) functions that are carried out on the site. We do have some roles that allow year two to be spent in either Manchester, Croydon, Derby or Birmingham so please specify your preference when you apply.
What else do I need to know?
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of railway engineering. Join us and apply now.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000 per annum, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time