Siemens Mobility Limited have a great opportunity for a Test & Commissioning (T&C) Engineer to join our Rail Infrastructure CIS business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signalling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation, and commissioning.Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Regional Principal T&C Engineer, the (T&C) Engineer undertakes testing and commissioning activities of Rail Fixed Telecoms projects around the UK within agreed timescales and budgeted costs and is responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Assist with Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering activities to deliver system development and implementation,
- Undertake the roles of Tester Assistant & Lead Tester on Fixed Telecoms Projects.
- Regularly reporting test and commissioning task progress and status to the Telecoms Lead tester/TIC.
- Production and implementation of test and commissioning documentation deliverables to meet Fixed Telecoms project Test Strategy requirements.
- Provide test and commissioning knowledge to projects during testing as required
- Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
- Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful testing completion under supervision of the Telecoms lead tester/TIC.
- Checking that all plant and equipment required to be safety inspected, maintained or tested is currently certified and that site records are kept
- Identifying and reporting project scope change to project Telecoms TIC/PE’s
- Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them.
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
- Application of standard test and commissioning documentation and specifications to support Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning requirements
- Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance and undertaken with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer specific requirements.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and partners.
What Skills, Qualifications and Experience do I need for this role?
- HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- IRSE License or working towards in relevant category (Telecoms Testing)
- An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering environment.
- Supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks for implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
- Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
- Proven experience of supervising delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems test and commissioning activities in the rail environment.
- System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
- Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Good organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Network Rail Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
- Full UK Driving license
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time