Position Title: Product Development Engineer
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Siemens Industry is looking for a Product Development Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX breaker factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility produces high-quality make-to-order power circuit breakers, molded case circuit breakers and associated accessories.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies?
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Lead new product development for power circuit breaker related products and accessories utilizing Pro/E – Creo
- Create multiple concepts & perform trade-off studies to determine the optimal solution while managing and planning projects including scope of work, schedules, costs, and completion dates
- Prepare prototypes for design feasibility evaluation and testing
- Work with cross functional team to drive projects to completion
- Contribute to "Design-to-Cost” projects to reduce manufacturing and material costs
- Initiate and validate Engineering Change Notices as they relate to product development, improvements and/or cost reductions
- Create part and assembly drawings, BOMs, product labels
- Maintain breaker related designs and drawings
- Create and maintain SAP master data and well as configure to order knowledge bases
- This person collaborates with the R&D, Operations, Applications Engineering, Product Management and will have no direct reports
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Mechanical Engineer
- 0 - 5 years of experience in new Product Development Engineering.
- Experience developing design concepts with a comprehensive evaluation of all interfaces and contributing factors
- Working knowledge of design for manufacturability (DFM), design for assembly (DFA)
- Creative and analytical thinking with an ability to work alone or in a group setting
- Ability and willingness to learn
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of Pro-E / Creo
- Power Circuit Breaker experience
- Hands-on prototyping experience
- Switchgear / Switchboard design experience
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.