Siemens Industry is looking for a Product Engineer for our Grand Prairie, TX factory located in the heart of the DFW Metroplex. Our growing facility has over 650 employees that produce high-quality, engineered and make-to-order circuit breakers. The Product Engineer is responsible for preparing recommendations for the design and development of new products or changes in existing products.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie, TX factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
· Assists in the planning of detailed product development objectives.
· Participates in the preparation of sketches, design layouts, and other specifications.
· Participating in the review of results to determine that such products perform in the intended manner.
· Prepares prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility.
· Assists in standardizing materials, components and assemblies to minimize the items procured, manufactured and inventoried.
· Learns product engineering basics while assisting in the development of new and improved products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience with ProE/Creo; will consider recent college graduate for this role.
- Product Development or design experience
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PowerPanel/Switchboard/Switchgear (or similar products application or design experience)
- Electrical schematics understanding
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.