We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what is truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you will love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events, and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
Responsible for total Purchasing Volume (PVO) of an assigned (Sub) Commodity (with the focus on Pooling).
• Develop strategies for their Commodity group under their responsibility in order to ensure the correct supply base for the business
• Achieve the committed objectives for the Commodity in terms of productivity: Savings after price and technology, Payment terms, Global value sourcing using diverse strategies of negotiation and innovation.
• Initiatives for cost reductions and cost avoidance
• Correct implementation of digitalization in all key/strategic suppliers foresaw in their commodity group.
• Sourcing activities and execution for supply base implementation according to the Commodity strategy conceived - RFQ, Comparison, ToCo, Sourcing Committee.
• Dual source development as required by the Commodity strategy.
• In sourcing and Outsourcing activities taking always into consideration the requirements & suppliers of other sister Sites in the Americas for synergy proposes.
• Drives the Supplier risk categorization, evaluation and development in conjunction with the cross functional team members such as Logistics, Quality and Procurement
• Implementation and execution of the Procurement processes for their commodity (Locally, Regionally and Globally) ensuring the accuracy on the responses / answers to any
• audit (internal, Corporative and external).
• Engineering Changes Notices (Revisions) involved in their commodity.
What will you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, International Business, Engineering, Economics, Marketing)
• Negotiation skills and Strong problem-solving skills
• Customer Service (driven)
• Management of internal and cross functional teams
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications
• SAP MM Modules knowledge will be an asset
• Material Management, Project Logistics and Import & Export know-how
• Fluent English is a must
• 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.