The Business Development Manager will work under the electronics vertical team and will partner with individual sales account managers to grow and support automation solutions for major Semiconductor FAB / End User Locations. This role will also be responsible for Global Account Management of one key Semiconductor Manufacturer.
The Semiconductor Business Developer will coordinate and drive strategies per focus customers across USA and International locations.
An overview of the BDM role includes:
- Strategic account planning with sales account managers and international vertical team members.
- Maintain and grow positive relationships with existing and new customers.
- Understand technical requirements pertaining to semiconductor equipment and utility automation.
- Work with internal engineering resources to provide technical solutions to customer requests.
- Develop and maintain customer roadmaps and competitive market information.
Reporting to the Head of the Electronics Vertical in the USA. The role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct reports.
Leading the business growth strategy for each focus customer.
- Work with global key stakeholders to provide a holistic view of current product / solution offerings.
- Develop global customer engagement strategies.
- Identify and define customer product and technology needs.
- Create customer roadmaps to provide recommendations to ensure we are utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to drive sales growth.
- Maintain awareness of competitor and market plans, trends, and technologies.
- Support industry or customer events i.e., tradeshows, onsite seminars, etc.
- Report monthly customer updates and submit highlights quarterly to headquarters.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field with strong technical and communication skills
- 5+ years of technical sales experience calling on Semiconductor OEM’s for both Front-end and Back-end manufacturing processes.
- 5-10 years of selling or supporting Industrial Automation Products.
- Industrial Automation experience including PLC, PC Based Control Systems, HMI, Motion, etc.
- Ability to create, present, and communicate technical material to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment for a multinational company.
- Self-motivated and can perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 35%.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Computer Science.
- Technical Sales / Support for Industrial Automation in the Semiconductor Market.
- Demonstrated results in establishing and growing new business.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideal Candidate would live in or near to San Francisco Bay Area.
- Knowledge of Siemens Automation Products & Solutions
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.