As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Gas Turbine Tools design engineer is responsible for Design and development of complex components on combustion rigs and variation on the test stands from conceptual design to manufacturing.
- Evaluation of technical requirements, development and implementation of appropriate technical solution. Design, risk assessment and product definition of gas turbine engine tools using NX, Teamcenter and SAP. The engineer should be able to understand the functional, assembly and manufacturing requirements and come up with innovative & appropriate solutions to meet the design requirements.
- Need to work within the team and with cross functional teams. Job requires creating 3D models & Drawing detailing for rigs, rig - components, air duct components, test cells and their auxiliaries. Implementation of development orders in close, project-related coordination with the experts of the Clean Energy Center and the technical departments of GT R&D.
- Very good knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Creation of bill of materials, manufacturing process and requirements are essential.
- Job also requires regular interaction with global teams in USA and Germany. Hence, engineer should have strong communication skills and cross-cultural knowledge.
- The selected candidate needs to work at Siemens-Energy Gas Turbine Engineering, Gurgaon office.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understand the product structure, design requirements and design principles
- Design and detailing of Gas Turbine and Tooling components such as rigs, rig - components, air duct components, test cells, their auxiliaries, lifting, transportation and assembly devices
- Create a new product designs and product assemblies
- Documentation, Reports writing
- Work with project lead to understand the requirements, provide engineering data, timelines and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- B E / B Tech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- More than 4 years of experience in Tooling Design heavy machinery [rigs, rig - components, air duct components, test cells, their auxiliaries, transportation, assembly and lifting] & Product definition
- Experience in utilizing mechanical engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design and detailing complex components and assemblies using NX (Unigraphics).
- Candidate with exposure to CAD software like Creo and AutoCAD have an advantage.
- Working experience in Finite element analysis using (Solid Works Professional, Ansys Workbench)
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- Mechanical-design fundamentals & problem-solving skills. Ability to perform engineering calculations
- Apply GD&T per ASME Y-14.5M
- Knowledge of Eurocodes for the application of Lifting, transportation and assembly devices
- Exposure to welding standards and its application
- Gas Turbine Component and System Design Experience or any turbomachinery design experience
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills to work with cross functional team and with different cultural background
- Flexibility to work with different time zones.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time