Are you a forward-thinking and determined undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Business and IT? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future. Not sure who Siemens are and what we do? Click here to find out more.
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Business and IT.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this internship:
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions and figure out the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Provide 1st / 2nd Level Support to our Customer Base
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs and follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Assist in drafting and maintaining Service Desk processes and procedures following corporate guidelines.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a 2:2 or above in Business or IT related degrees.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Advance experience of Microsoft operating systems
- Good communication skills both oral & written
- Experience of strong safety culture
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world Business and IT. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £19,305 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
This role is due to start on the 24th of July 2023.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time