Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
Mobility Management, Turnkey Projects & Electrification, Mainline Transport, Urban Transport and Customer Services. They have the know-how to make road traffic flow more smoothly and quickly, make trains more environmentally friendly and efficient, make train schedules and freight shipments more reliable. We work with our customers to develop optimal solutions to help overcome their challenges.
Today, we are recruiting for the Testing & Commissioning Manager for SFC Converter Stations - Traction Power Supply to join our Projects mainly in Europe. This is an excellent career opportunity for professional talents from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Purpose of the function:
Commissioning engineering and management of Sitras SFC converter stations for the railway power supply
Area of responsibility and tasks
- Planning, organization and execution of commissioning activities on site, including interface testing, verification of step sequences and operating modes
- Adaptation and optimization of parameters of protection and control functions, in coordination with engineering departments, e.g., "Module Management System" and "Current Control System"
- Trace and meet contractual conditions, with regard to functionality, quality, deadlines and costs, including claim management
- Compliance with the relevant regulations in the working area, safety, environmental protection and information security
- Continuous reporting (project status) to the project management and other stakeholders involved
- Support of technical management including coordination of internal-, external staff and other third parties
- Documentation of test results and revision of project documentation, e.g. circuit diagrams, etc.
- Handover of the system to the customer including the execution of customer trainings on site
- Trouble shooting including escalation management and professional cross-functional communication to all parties involved incl. third parties and customers
- Degree in electrical engineering
- 10 plus years of experiences in electrical testing & commissioning and technical project management is a plus
- Ideally technical background in the field of Converter stations which include multilevel frequency converters (10-50MVA), converter control systems and higher-level control (e.g., Simatic TDC, Simatic S7, WinCC), high and medium-voltage switchgears, power transformers, protection systems (e.g., Siprotec), grid synchronization, converter cooling and auxiliary systems.
- Intercultural experience through foreign assignments is a plus
- Willingness to travel up to 100% mainly in Europe
- Language skills: fluent English is necessary and German desirable
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time