SIMEA Sibiu specialises in the production of electronic and electrical components and subassemblies, cable manufacturing and metal processing, as well as the production of electric motors and their subassemblies. As a member of the Siemens Group, SIMEA Sibiu enjoys the advantage of working with various Group Divisions to ensure the highest quality, innovative solutions and internationally competitive prices.
Supplier Quality Engineer BUZIAS
The role that you will play:
- You are responsible for the selection, auditing, qualification, assessment and development of suppliers as well as for the implementation of the supplier strategy.
- You are involved in the development of the business unit's SQM strategy and will implement operational measures to ensure and continuously improve supplier quality through consistent supplier qualification and development as well as in the event of escalations (production and field failures).
- Together with the material group, you are in charge of the assessment, qualification and approval of suppliers, taking into account possible business risks, in consultation with your manager and the SQM of the lead factory.
- You will be responsible for planning and conducting supplier audits, including monitoring audit measures and preventive quality methods to minimise risks at the supplier.
- Your tasks include drafting audit plans, data analysis in SAP-QM as well as in customised IT applications (e.g. Celonis, RQPC, SQPC) to optimise inspection processes; you independently coordinate and implement necessary measures within the plant network.
- You will check and evaluate supplier documents as well as purchased parts according to specifications, if necessary including the results of internal and external service providers, and discuss them with specialist departments and suppliers; you will document the results and initiate or consistently follow up on the necessary measures.
- In case of faulty purchased parts, you will initiate complaints processing with the internal interfaces, take over communication with the supplier and support the purchase department in charging on additional costs.
- You will design and negotiate quality agreements and will be responsible for their implementation in the supplier processes.
- Your tasks will also include the coordination and management of projects for the further development of the QM system, the reduction of non-conformity costs and the increase of productivity with the internal interfaces.
- Last but not least, you will support quality management and the lead factory as required.
Qualifications - solid and relevant:
- The basis for your success is a degree in engineering or a master's degree in a technical field, e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or comparable.
- During several years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position in the automotive sector, you have acquired in-depth knowledge of quality management and basic knowledge of the SCM process.
- You are familiar with and experienced in drive technology, preferably engines, and in the production of their components.
- You are proficient in quality methods of risk analysis and quality planning (e.g. assessment, FMEA, initial sampling, etc.) as well as problem management (e.g. 8D, Ishikawa, etc.) and are a trained VDA 6.3 auditor with several years of practical auditing experience.
- You have a technical understanding (drawings, DIN regulations, standards) and experience in recognising and realising potential for improvement (quality, costs and logistics)
- You have a strong affinity for technological and digital trends in supplier qualification and bring intercultural empathy as well as experience in working in a global network.
- You have excellent German and English skills since you work in an international environment and regular business trips domestically and abroad are no problem for you.
- You are familiar with SAP/SAP-QM and MS-Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) or Teamcenter.
- You have experience in solution-oriented communication when dealing with international suppliers/manufacturers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: SIMEA SIBIU S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time