Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption.
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemens eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
The Level 3 Application Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the resolution of highest-level customer technical issues within the US Siemens eMobility product portfolio. This engineer will act as a lead in the electric vehicle charging infrastructure center of competency. The role will require the ability to analyze both hardware and software logic errors, engage with development engineering leadership, directly interact with end users/customers, and assemble teams that will drive issues to quick resolution.
This position may require field travel and work, to gain the level of competencies required to act as the localized expert for issue resolution. Additionally, this role will be the final escalation path for remote field triage, starting with level one customer call centers and moving through various Siemens technical support escalations. This position will report directly to the Head of Application Engineering for Siemens e-Mobility, in North America.
As part of a growing business unit, within the overall Siemens eMobility business unit, you will enjoy the excitement of working for a small startup company, while having the support of a large OEM. Come work on a team that is driving change in the electrification of our transportation industry.
- Technical issue resolution for the top 5% of eMobility engineering escalations.
- Engagement with R&D, design engineering, supply chain, and team leadership to oversee the total solution for our customers.
- Developing field repair plans and technical papers, to instruct the US field service teams in repair methods and procedures.
- Weekly field issue analytics, as a method for providing product quality feedback to manufacturing and engineering teams.
- Provide timely customer communication, keeping them aware of lead times to issue resolution.
- Ability to interact with customers both on technical level and project level.
- Maintain high levels of product portfolio competency, through engagement with the product line management teams.
- Generate training material for level 1 and level 2 technical support team members (call centers, field technicians, etc)
- Ability to understand logs and traces for troubleshooting process including reading in programming language and provide root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in Power Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related electrical trade certifications.
- A minimum 5 years of field experience in power distribution, power electronics, PLC / SCADA devices & programming, UPS systems, or other related industrial electrical equipment diagnostics.
- Optimal candidates have experience in electric vehicle charging technologies, in either design or installation services & field diagnostics.
- Proven experience in managing time and material resources
- Proven experience in managing critical customer relationships and communication
- Firm understanding of EVSE communication protocols (Modbus, OCPP, ethernet/Wi-Fi, and others)
- Demonstrable ability to use a laptop as a diagnostic tool (networking diagnostics, pushing local FW/SW updates, using Siemens platforms to engage with hardware devices, etc)
- Fundamental understanding of NEC standards
In addition to the growth and development opportunities we continue to foster, we offer included benefits of flexible PTO, a matching 401K plan, health, life, vision and dental benefits, paid parental leave, and so much more.
At SIEMENS, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for professional growth & development and our company's success. We strive to transform the everyday for our customers, employees, and society by:
• Trusting and empowering our leaders to act as owners, directing their teams, and innovating to succeed.
• Communicating openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes.
• Recognizing individual and team achievements frequently
• Our focus on investment in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
• Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here?
If so, we would like to meet you!
Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the SIEMENS family.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.