Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
A Graduate Engineer is required to join the Project RAMSS Department to deliver Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS) and security assurance activities for a portfolio of new and existing mainline and metro railway projects. This role will provide ample opportunities for the candidate to learn and work in all phases of a railway signalling project (from bid phase to commissioning phase) and to with different stakeholders (e.g., Bids, project planners, requirements, design, system engineering, test, and commissioning etc.)
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
- Development of Safety & RAM plans
- Production of Hazard Identification (HAZID) briefing notes
- Support the HAZID chair by acting as scribe during the HAZID sessions
- Chase evidence to close hazards in the hazard record
- Update hazard record
- Support process improvement activities
- Familiarise and learn the applicable RAMS standards, safety and
- Interoperability legislations
- Undertake assigned RAMSS activities supported by the Team Leader/Mentor
- Planning and estimating for assigned tasks
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in any Engineering Discipline
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely, and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation, and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary at £28,000 and bonus’ and an excellent benefits package.
We are looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Engineering. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That is why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility, and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time