Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for Engineering, are you ready to take your next steps in the world of research and development? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future? So do we. We believe our graduate programme differs from other schemes. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey... If yes start your career with us at Siemens!
This is a rare opportunity to earn money whilst showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Embark on your graduate programme whilst taking part in our phenomenal graduate development programme. We’ll create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it you’ll be set up with great knowledge to equip you for your professional career within Siemens.
- Assisting in delivering R&D project objectives at various phases in the project lifecycle
- Developing knowledge and skills in the following R&D functional areas:
- Project Management
- Formal Test Automation and Software and Systems/Requirement Engineering
- Quality Process and RAMSS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety & Security)
- Electro-mechanical, Electronics & Firmware
- Building a working knowledge of our products, systems and strategies for implementation.
- Participating in the continuous improvement of R&D by identifying efficiencies while promoting engineering excellence, through the adoption of new processes tools and methods of working.
- Carrying out work placements in specified technical and non-technical in and outside of R&D
- Promote R&D projects alongside other R&D Graduates, Apprentices and Interns within the business
- Contribute to the R&D Graduate & Apprentice innovation project
Here’s what it takes to join some of the world’s brightest minds.
- A minimum 2:2 degree in a general engineering, software or computer science related degree.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree which must be accredited towards acquiring Chartered Engineer (CEng) status with a relevant professional institution.
- A willingness to learn and ability to innovate.
- Safety culture awareness – to be able to influence and develop an existing safety culture to latest generation thinking and practice.
- Strong and effective communicator across peer group within the company and customers.
- Enjoy jumping in and, with support from us, feel comfortable taking responsibility for tasks and projects.
- Aspiration to be a leader or specialist within an engineering environment.
What else do I need to know?
We have 1 role based in Ashby requiring electrical and/ or electronic, computer science or general engineering students & we have 1 role based in Chippeham requiring an electrical and/ or electronics or software students.
You will need to go where this journey takes you. Alongside your role, the graduate development programme www.siemens.co.uk/grads will teach you softer skills such as communication, teamwork, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking team players with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of research and development. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £32,000 per annum plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time